Enterprise Architecture Governance
Learn enterprise architecture frameworks and discover what it can do for your business
There are many types of governance in an organization, including enterprise governance, corporate governance, Information Technology (IT) governance, SOA Governance, Enterprise Architecture (EA) governance, data governance and Service lifecycle governance.
Definition of Enterprise Architecture Governance
Enterprise architecture governance is the definition, prioritization and execution of an organization’s enterprise architecture (EA), aligned with the corporate strategy, business strategy and IT strategy, via funding, budgeting and resource allocation processes, and through various initiatives, programs and projects funded to implement the desired IT strategy.
In our whitepaper “A Lean Governance Manifesto,” AgilePath defines the five key phases of the Enterprise Governance Lifecycle like so:
1. Enterprise Strategic Governance (Strategic Planning and Investment Planning (IT and Business): Performance of the annual strategic business and IT planning process, including investment planning.
2. Enterprise Governance Process Management: Design, Implementation and Sustainment of Enterprise Governance Frameworks, Processes and Policies.
3. Enterprise Exo-Project IT Governance: Enterprise Governance requirements that are not directly associated with execution of individual programs or projects, but provide supporting governance support to all projects in the aggregate.
4. Project Governance and Process Execution Governance: Execution of Programs, Projects and using a standard project delivery methodology or SDLC.
5. IT Operations and Sustainment: IT Service Management, IT and Business Operations, ITIL)
When embarking on an enterprise architecture governance process, we believe you should identify governance policies first, then define governance processes that will help enforce these policies, and then begin considering governance organizations and boards needed to support that governance framework. Last, implement the necessary governance enablement technology and tools to support the overall governance model.
We are enterprise architecture governance pioneers. Contact us to learn more about what AgilePath can do for your enterprise.