AgilePath’s Technology Innovation Practice
Technology continues to be a driver of the global economy, and AgilePath’s goal is to help our clients manage and exploit the pace of technology to their strategic and business benefit.
AgilePath’s Technology Innovation practice builds on our heritage as a SOA/BPM innovator and thought leader, while adding new technology capabilities and solutions.
Below are the key technology innovation areas AgilePath focuses on for our Clients:
- Cloud computing
- Big Data & Next Generation Analytics
- Legacy Portfolio Migration and Legacy Application Modernization
- Next Generation IT Architectures and Technology Strategy and Roadmap development
- SOA/BPM, API Management and Integration Solutions
- Software Development, Systems Engineering, Prototyping and R&D support
Details of AgilePath’s Technology Innovation capabilities are below.
Cloud computing has emerged as a critical enabler to contemporary IT strategies focused on cost management, business services management, variabilization of fixed costs, and implementing asset-reduction strategies to increase overall business agility. Infrastructure and physical assets are increasingly perceived as a drag on business agility. Cloud computing offers a way to offload physical infrastructure and increase agility while controlling costs.
AgilePath's Cloud computing practice will accelerate your Cloud journey, from Cloud strategy and assessments, to Cloud architecture and vendor selection, to implementation, management and Cloud governance.
AgilePath's Cloud computing practice focuses on the full lifecycle of Cloud computing – from strategy and planning through Cloud modeling, architecture and design, to implementation and support. Key elements of our Cloud practice include our newest Playbook solution -- AgilePath's Cloud Computing Playbook™, as well as our Cloud Computing Reference Model (CC-RM) and reference architecture framework.
AgilePath also provides Cloud research and advisory services which include financial analysis, business case analysis, strategic scenario planning, Cloud market/industry analysis, Cloud vendor evaluation and selection, and ongoing mentoring and support.
The following competencies form the basis of AgilePath’s Cloud computing practice:
- Cloud Strategy and Roadmap Development
- Cloud Computing Reference Model (CC-RM) and Reference Architecture (CC-RA)
- Cloud Broker Reference Model (CB-RM)
- Cloud Vendor and Services Evaluation and Due Diligence
- Cloud Platform Implementation and Public Cloud Deployment
- Cloud Governance and Cloud Governance Lifecycle Management
- Legacy Application Migration to Cloud
Cloud Strategy and Roadmap via AgilePath's Cloud Computing Playbook™
AgilePath's Cloud Computing Playbook™ provides a complete solution to accelerate definition of a business-aligned Cloud computing strategy and roadmap for your enterprise. AgilePath will conduct a Cloud computing assessment and feasibility analysis to determine the opportunities where Cloud computing makes sense in your enterprise. AgilePath's; Cloud Computing Playbook™ is illustrated below:
AgilePath's Cloud Computing Playbook™ will be used to develop a Cloud computing reference model and reference architecture that will facilitate your migration to a private, hybrid or public Cloud deployment, based on architecture best practice industry standards for APIs. Even public Cloud migrations will benefit from a Cloud reference model and reference architecture, to help you understand what your Cloud service providers offer, and what the migration risks are when you make the decision to move to a public Cloud or hybrid Cloud model.
AgilePath’s Cloud Computing Reference Model (CC-RM)
For all of your potential Cloud deployment scenarios, a Cloud reference model, and reference architecture and reference implementation approach is an accepted approach for planning and implementing Cloud computing. AgilePath's Cloud Computing Reference Model (CC-RM) and Cloud Computing Reference Architecture (CC-RA) services are built on a robust Cloud Computing Reference Model (CC-RM) framework that will accelerate and risks mitigate your Cloud computing implementation.
SOLARCloud Playbook™ for Legacy Migration to Cloud
See the webinar
Cloud Broker Reference Model (CB-RM) for Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Requirements
AgilePath is once again on the forefront of technology with our SOA-in-the-Cloud approach, or what Gartner Group calls a Cloud Services Brokerage (CSB). Cloud computing and SOA/Web services are fundamentally the same architecture paradigms at their core. Therefore, the natural convergence of SOA application services and Cloud services can be realized through an integrated strategy and architecture. SOA and Cloud computing can be realized in multiple approaches, but the most compelling is the SOA-in-the-Cloud pattern, or Cloud Services Brokerage.
AgilePath offers Cloud Services Brokerage/SOA-in-the-Cloud CSB reference model and CSB reference architecture templates to facilitate your migration to this emerging Cloud computing paradigm, as well as the technical expertise to accelerate your implementation of a Cloud Services Brokerage.
AgilePath will help you model, design and select appropriate CSB partners, evaluate them, and finally, provide technical and engineering support to realize your business objectives from a Cloud Service Brokerage.
See the webinar
Cloud Governance and the Cloud Governance Lifecycle
For commercial and federal government organizations, Cloud computing and Cloud governance mean important changes to the ways in which IT resources and capabilities are specified, architected, acquired, implemented, integrated, managed, provisioned, consumed, and ultimately retired.
AgilePath's Cloud Governance Lifecycle provides an end-to-end view of Cloud governance, and paints a future vision for Information Technology that will help it remain relevant in an age in which IT organizations are increasingly detached from their business customers by global forces of outsourcing, managed services and public Clouds, while demand for customer service and performance remains high. IT must adapt to these forces, and the Cloud Governance Lifecycle offers a way out of the quandary. We call organizations that adopt this approach Cloud-Centric Leadership Organizations.
AgilePath feels that a Cloud governance framework will not only help large enterprises make the best strategic and architectural choices with respect to Cloud, but will provide a next generation IT resource management model that will pave the way for the future of IT organizations.
Cloud-Centric Leadership Organizations have an opportunity to be proactive with Cloud computing, from both a technical and architecture perspective and more importantly from an acquisition, governance and management perspective. AgilePath's Cloud Governance Lifecycle offers a pathway to an integrated model for managing, provisioning and governing IT resources, whether they are internal resources, third party managed services, or public cloud resources. An integrated Cloud resource management framework will allow consistent strategy, architecture acquisition and resource provisioning, supported by IT policies, for the consumption of resources, with the support of a new IT governance capability.
Cloud Templates and Subscription Bundles
AgilePath has templated artifacts for each step on the journey toward a Cloud-centric enterprise, including the following:
- Cloud computing assessment template
- Cloud computing strategy template
- Cloud computing governance framework
- Cloud computing reference model
- Cloud computing reference architecture
- Cloud computing prescriptive architecture
- Cloud computing interoperability and portability model
- Cloud computing transition architecture
Big Data and Next Generation Analytics
One of the most exciting developments in the age of Cloud computing is the move toward Big Data and what we call Next Generation Analytics leveraging NoSQL, Cloud-based analytic architectures, and other emerging analytics technologies.
Next Generation analytics offer compelling new approaches to analytics at Web scale, which remove the traditional constraints on the type and size of the data and what information can be learned from the data.
New approaches to data analytics have evolved to exploit new sources of data and new approaches to analyzing that data. Unstructured and semi-structured data offer great troves of information when analyzed using contemporary tools developed for large data sets of new data, based on cloud computing technologies, distributed storage models, and parallelized data analytics. This is precisely how Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Facebook and other organizations are leveraging Cloud computing applied to big data and cloud-enabled analytics.
AgilePath will help you determine how to leverage Big Data to drive business and mission value for your enterprise. Leveraging a Cloud analytics reference architecture, AgilePath will help you develop a logical model and technical architecture for Cloud analytics that will meet your objectives. AgilePath will provide technical engineering, architecture, data science and analytics expertise to quickly implement Cloud analytics based on best practices from both commercial and public sector experiences.
- Big Data and Data Science Strategy
- Big Data Architecture and Technology Support
- Big Data POC, pilots and Implementation
- Implementation of Big Data and establishing Data Pipelines
- Integrating Cloud analytics with traditional business intelligence(BI) architectures
- Design and Implementation of Big Data Governance Model, Policies and Procedures
Legacy Modernization and Portfolio Management
AgilePath’s experience with legacy portfolio modernization and application modernization comes from more than a decade of work on migrating legacy applications to new architectures and new technologies. AgilePath features two Playbooks™ for legacy portfoilio modernization:
- SOLAR Playbook™ : General legacy portfolio modernization and application modernization methodogy.
- SOLARCloud Playbook™ for migrating legacy applications to a Cloud (public, privage, hybrid, multi-Cloud).
AgilePath's SOLAR Playbook™ for Legacy Modernization and Service-Oriented Integration
Many organizations are leveraging a SOA initiative to modernize their legacy application portfolios and to simplify their IT integration challenges by eliminating point-to-point interfaces and replacing them with reusable data services and data access services, the most common form of legacy integration today. AgilePath's SOLAR Playbook™ (Service-Oriented Legacy Asset Rationalization) is a repeatable methodology that enables a rapid analysis of your legacy application portfolio and integration portfolio, and then creates a SOLAR migration roadmap that will help you prune the legacy portfolio, modernize selected applications based on your business and IT objectives, and then begin the technical migration after a risk assessment review.
AgilePath's SOLAR Playbook™ also leverages the Quad Modeling approach to decompose legacy applications into business services, which accelerates the legacy modernization process.
Benefits of AgilePath's SOLAR Playbook™:
- Structured approach to rationalization your legacy application portfolio and modernizing it via SOA.
- SOLAR Playbook™ approach targets both your legacy application portfolio as well as your integration portfolio, both of which represent major costs to your enterprise.
- Leverages AgilePath's Quad Modeling framework to quickly model and decompose legacy applications into SOA-based solutions, and to develop cost estimates for your SOA modernization needs.
- SOLAR Playbook™ establishes multiple legacy disposition options for all legacy applications, which include replacement, rewriting, re-platforming, rationalizing/eliminating, SOA-enabling, or refactoring.
- SOLAR Playbook™ explicitly addresses legacy modernization risk via a risk mitigation phase and rapid prototyping for high risk application modernization requirements, and Go/No Go criteria.
AgilePath's SOLARCloud Playbook™ for Cloud migration of legacy data and applications
AgilePath offers the SOLARCloud™ playbook as a packaged methodology for legacy application migration to the Cloud. AgilePath's SOLARCloud Playbook™ is a companion methodology to the SOLAR Playbook™ for legacy application modernization via SOA. Together, these two playbooks offer a best-of-breed approach to application migration, leveraging the most contemporary industry best practices for SOA and Cloud.
AgilePath's SOLARCloud Playbook features a robust end-to-end model for planning and executing a legacy application migration project. AgilePath's SOLARCloud Playbook is illustrated below:
The SOLARCloud Playbook and the SOLAR Playbook both leverage AgilePath's quad modeling to accelerate the decomposition of legacy applications to facilitate the modernization process, and help make the appropriate choice – legacy-to-SOA, legacy-to-Cloud, or both.
AgilePath's Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM) Practice
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM) remain critical disciplines for delivering enterprise capabilities based on reusable Web services. AgilePath has been at the forefront of SOA for a decade, with pioneering methodologies, frameworks and solutions to accelerate your SOA initiatives and help you achieve the business value from reusable, shared enterprise services. AgilePath's SOA and BPM practice brings packaged methodology, industry best practices and proven implementation experience to your SOA and BPM efforts.
AgilePath's SOA and BPM practice will help you integrate your SOA and BPM efforts as closely-related capabilities, while enabling the full range of process-centric solutions and technologies to be applied to your enterprise.
With the ascent of Cloud computing, SOA is even more popular, as Cloud computing is yet another example of a Service-OrientedArchitecture. Cloud services and SOA services will continue to be the de facto industry standards for enterprise. AgilePath offers a complete end-to-end SOA solution for enterprises committed to SOA and BPM as an application architecture approach for their enterprise. The following methodologies, solutions and products will help your enterprise achieve its business goals for SOA and BPM:
AgilePath's Featured SOA & BPM Solutions
The following solutions and services are highlighted as part of AgilePath's SOA and BPM Practice.
AgilePath's Quad Modeling Tool: Rapid Business Services Modeling and Decomposition
AgilePath's Quad Modeling tool is a business services modeling solution that has proven to dramatically shorten the time required to decompose business domains, legacy applications, new business requirements, and Agile development user stories into their constituent business services. Leveraging AgilePath's modeling approach, an organization can source those candidate business services via SOA paradigm, Cloud services, a third-party service provider, or an outsourced model.
AgilePath's Quad Model can be used as an integrated solution that includes SOA/business services modeling, an end-to-end services lifecycle, and integration to your SOA registry/repository. AgilePath offers an Eclipse
Process Framework (EPF)-enabled version of the Quad Model to provide knowledge transfer, process enablement, and modeling process guidance for your enterprise.
AgilePath also offers a hosted SOA modeling, service lifecycle and registry/repository solution, available as a subscription-based solution.
Enterprise SOA Governance
AgilePath Corporation is the market leader in the analysis, design, implementation and change management required to implement enterprise-scale SOA governance to enable the business goals of your SOA initiatives. Leveraging AgilePath's Enterprise Governance Playbook™ and supporting enterprise governance frameworks, reference models and diagnostic tools, AgilePath provides a highly templated approach to designing enterprise SOA governance that integrates into your existing enterprise IT governance approach, as well as into the corporate culture and IT strategy of your organization.
AgilePath will help you design an end-to-end SOA governance model, from the SOA PMO/CoE, to services modeling, business engagement models and enterprise architecture/design-time governance requirements, to a service portfolio, SOA registry/repository, complete services lifecycle, as well as the QA/testing tools and the run-time SOA infrastructure necessary to close the loop with run-time governance.
Benefits of AgilePath's enterprise SOA governance solutions:
- Leverages template SOA governance processes, policies, organizational designs and tools to quickly close SOA governance gaps in your enterprise
- Establishes the linkages and integration of enterprise SOA governance into your enterprise IT governance model, particularly at the enterprise architecture, Program Management Office (PMO), portfolio management, and SDLC/service lifecycle levels.
- Provides a framework that scales for SMB to large enterprises, and that can effectively provide SOA governance in complex organizations.
- AgilePath's Enterprise Governance Playbook™, which provides repeatable, template artifacts, diagnostics and templates to accelerate your SOA governance needs.
More AgilePath SOA and BPM Solutions
AgilePath's Enterprise SOA Playbook™
AgilePath's capstone solution is our Playbook™ family of end-to-end methodologies for all things SOA, from strategy development to SOA governance, SOA implementation, and legacy modernization via use of SOA.
AgilePath's patent-pending SOA Playbook™ is the industry's leading vendor-neutral end-to-end SOA planning and implementation methodology. Developed to address the emerging requirements of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), AgilePath's SOA Playbook™ has delivered client success based on its rich body of artifacts and templates that provide a documented, step-by-step "playbook" for your SOA strategy and roadmaps, SOA governance and policy enforcement, architecture planning and SOA enablement tool selection, and ultimately SOA and services implementation.
Packaged, end-to-end SOA planning, architecture and implementation framework that involves four broad activities:
- SOA Business Discovery: SOA assessment, maturity, business drivers and goal identification, as well as a comprehensive SOA assessment framework that represents all the major requirements of enterprise SOA.
- SOA Strategy and Roadmap Development: Development of a complete SOA strategy and roadmap, which includes an opportunity roadmap, services roadmap, technology roadmap and governance roadmap, along with an SOA business case.
- SOA Mobilization and Awareness: Analysis of alternatives, SOA education and training, and SOA ramp activities in preparation for an enterprise rollout of SOA initiatives across the organization.
- SOA Implementation: Iterative approach to implementing SOA based on the SOA strategy, business and IT imperatives, and prioritized SOA goals.
BPM and Process-Centric Requirements
AgilePath will help your organization determine what BPM and other process-centric tools it needs to support its business and IT objectives. AgilePath's team will help you understand the various choices you have with respect to BPM technologies and tools, and to make the right decisions for tools, vendors, and implementation options. BPM technologies include the following:
- Business Process Management (BPM) (Human-centric, machine-to-machine)
- Business Process Modeling Tools (BPMN)
- SOA Business Process Orchestration (BPEL Engines)
- SOA Business Process Choreography (WS-Choreography)
- Event-Driven Architecture (EDA) and Complex Event Processing (CEP) tools
- Business Rules Engines (BRE) and related technologies
AgilePath will also help integrate and align these BPM tools within your SOA strategy, or within an integrated SOA-Cloud strategy.
- Templates for SOA Reference Model
- SOA Reference Architecture
- SOA Developers Guides
- SOA End-to-End Governance Models
- SOA Registry/Repository Solutions